Monday, February 6, 2012

Grow Your Own

So the last while my husband and I have been talking about and planning growing a lot more of our own food. We always SAY it but this year we will DO it. Of course the herbs are there but I want to find an interesting way to display/grow them.

I am hoping to start growing peppers because we buy SO many that I would love to try saving some $$ on that.

I am considering tomatoes, courgette (zucchini), potatoes *insert Irish joke*, onions and shallots.

I want to do this mainly in pots because the soil isn't great here and I have no plans to dig up the entire garden!

I want to create a fun place for our daughter to learn how to grow her own food. I am hoping to give her a few pots for her to look after. With help obviously. I think giant sunflowers will be a must because I think they will have a great impact when she sees them grown. Plus what kid doesn't like digging in the dirt?!


I'm really looking forward to this and I can't wait to post recipes grown with OUR produce from OUR garden. *excited*


I am so ready to the rain to stop so I can get out in the garden and clear up the sad forgotten plants who have fumbled their way through the winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment