Thursday, August 2, 2012

Healthy Pizza Night

Hi foodies!

Wow it feels like forever since i've posted. My desktop is FULL of pictures awaiting posting with recipes. Life its very busy right now and time is running away from me. Our little chef starts pre school in a months time and i'm trying to soak up all I can get before the big wide world gets its hands on her.

So I am going to try post at least some until September when I will give you all the attention you deserve! After I shed some tears because i'll be missing my baby girl!

Here is something I put together for dinner tonight. It's pretty simple but really fresh.

I hope you like it!

R  x


You will need;

Ready rolled Puff Pastry (store bought, lets take it easy)
1 courgette (zuccini), sliced thin
400g cherry tomatoes, cut in half
1 large red onion, sliced thin
1 tsp fine grain sugar
Olive oil
Handful Feta cheese, crumbled
Handful fresh basil, torn
1/2 fresh lemon


Add roughly 2 tbsp of olive oil to a hot pan and cook the onions until soft
Add tsp sugar and heat until melted. Only a few minutes
Set aside

Cut puff pastry into what ever shape you like. I usually do a small circle for our little chef and a large for us to half
Using a fork, pierce the base several times

Leaving a thin edge, spread the onion over the base

Top with tomatoes and courgette

Sprinkle the feta and drizzle with olive oil

Pop into the oven @ 200C
It will take 25 - 30 minutes to cook fully

After about 15 minutes take it out and add the fresh basil
Return to the oven until the pastry edges are golden


Before serving, drizzle with fresh lemon juice

2 comments:

  1. I make my own with pita bread, some low-sodium, no-sugar spaghetti sauce, some low fat/sodium cheese, some chredded chicken, mushrooms, onions and peppers..popped in the oven YUMMY.
    http://www.oliviapizza.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds yum! Sadly our little one is NOT a cheese fan! I haven't bought a pizza in years. Since I first noticed the calorie count! Homemade all the way!

      Delete