Saturday, March 24, 2012

Fish Cakes


OK so I'm not a huge fish fan. I may manage fish fingers or some take out fish when we are at the beach but even at that I will pick at it. Its the fishy smell I'm just not the person for fish! My husband created an awesome Salmon dish for me to try. Full of flavour. The sauce was wonderful but the salmon...well it didn't stay down :/

We have had fish cakes on our menu for weeks and I never made them. I honestly think I wrote them down about 4 weeks ago. So this week I bit the bullet and WOW I can't believe I waited this long to put them on. Fresh, nothing processed and SO good! Our mini taster gobbled them with her salad!

You can use any fish you like. Ensure there are no bones. I used the food processor but feel free to not be as lazy as I am :)

You will need

500g Fresh or Fresh Frozen fish of your choice
(we used basa)
500g of mashed potato
2 tbsp Creme Fraiche
500ml Vegetable/Fish stock
1 tbsp Parsley
1 tbsp Coriander
2 tbsp dark Soy Sauce
Flour for dusting

Pop the fish (defrosted) into the food processor and blitz until broken

Add mashed potato, creme fraiche, stock and blitz

Gently mix the parsley, coriander and soy sauce


These are best shallow fried but you can pop them in a fryer if you have one

Use your hands to form patty shapes and coat lightly in flour. Gently lower
into the hot oil.

They will cook in about 20 minutes


Serve with a Rocket salad (arugula)

No comments:

Post a Comment