Thursday, June 21, 2012

Grow your own


Well here they are. The first lot of potatoes grown organically in our garden.

I roasted them in olive oil, salt & pepper and some garlic butter

There is a strange sense of pride when harvesting your own food. Myself and our little chef went out yesterday and dug up two lots. We still have loads of potatoes to come and a second harvest of spring onions coming soon. All our tomato plants (all 12) are growing strong. I grew them from seed so I'm overly impressed they are actually still alive let alone that so many survived.

On the sweet side we have strawberries, blueberries and cherries :)
Watch out for some yummy desserts when they are ready to be picked

I regret not planting carrots. I have a love of carrots and there seems to be a very poor crop available to buy. Though we grow mostly in pots so I think I may run out of deck space if I put much more on there.

I am a huge garden fan anyway but this year I'm really enjoying making random things from the garden. We have grown edible flowers (coming soon), I have made rose water from out own beautiful roses. I am hoping to do something with the sunflowers and there is lavender looking at me begging to be used creatively.

                     Here is the rose water. I will be posting a step by step how to soon

I hope it's not raining as much where ever you are in the world! Though at least I won't have to water the garden :)

R x

No comments:

Post a Comment