Sunday, June 3, 2012

Where is my Sunshine?!

This morning I was standing in the kitchen looking out the window, feeling a little less than enthusiastic about the sudden disappearance of the beautiful sunshine. I don't know about where you are but I was cold and feeling like crawling back under the covers was the best option this Sunday morning.
However with a husband getting ready to leave for work and a 3 year old hanging off my leg it was sadly not an option.
I am not a fan of tea (yes I said it) and I usually don't drink coffee unless out and about, so I needed to come up with something else to pep me up. We have a rather large selection of herbal teas but I just wasn't feeling the urge for that distinctive green tea taste.

While checking the plants and herbs by the window for dehydration I, as I often do, rubbed my fingers over the mint leaves for a quick intake of beautiful aroma

**Light bulb**

Mint into a glass, pour hot water over and leave to cool. The mint infuses beautifully and leaves a warm tummy pleasing drink.

So if you're feeling chilly today and happen to grow some mint, why not try this out?

Your insides will thank you

R

No comments:

Post a Comment