Saturday, December 17, 2011

Krispie Kream Muffins!


For anyone who has travelled and returned to a land where you cannot buy Krispie Kream doughnuts, this will make you as happy as it made me! I saw these pop up on pinterest a LONG time ago and I have had it in my head to make them. Forgive me for having no idea where these came from but they must be passed on, created in all homes and enjoyed with a creamy cup of coffee

OK I'll admit, my kitchen did not look well after making these. There was mess EVERYWHERE. I did not enjoy cleaning BUT if you are better organised than I was at the start it will help. I've tried to include some handy ways to keep the mess down



Ingredients

Muffins

60g butter, room temp
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 2/3 cup flour
1 cup milk

Glaze

3 tbsp butter, melted
1 cup icing sugar
3/4 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp hot water



*Start by measuring everything out. Put the baking soda, baking powder & salt into
one bowl
*Put the milk into a jug with pouring spout
*Add the vanilla extract to the milk
* Pre heat oven to 200C


Start by creaming the butter & sugar
Add the vegetable oil & mix
Add the eggs

Beat well until combined

Add the baking powder, baking soda, salt mix
Mix well

For the next step you need to add both the flour & the milk a bit at a time until they are used up. You will know when you need to add the milk as you mix because the batter will become very dry & thick. Take your time & alternate between them. Start with the flour & end with the flour so that the mix will not be too wet

Line a muffin tin
Add 2 tbsp to each
I got around 20 muffins from this mix

Bake for 15 mins until golden

Rotate the tray after 7 mins to cook evenly



Once cooked, move to a wire rack to cool. If you have them in muffin cases (paper ones) remove these


Now for the delicious icing

Very simply, pop everything into a bowl/jug and mix

Dip each muffin in and coat well

Allow to set. It won't go hard but instead, will be as deliciously soft as a krispie kream doughnut yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment