Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas Foodie Gifts

This year my family decided to mainly buy for the kids in the family but I do like to give something as a token at Christmas. My newest obsession in food in jars so my husband and I put our heads together and came up with a few ideas. As usual I cam up with the sweet & the design, he came up with the flavours :)

The first thing I made were these Cookies for Santa jars
I have been so inspired by these on pinterest that I couldn't wait to make them. How cute to make with kiddies on Christmas Eve?! I've gone with my theme this year which is good old fashioned brown paper & string! I just love it.



These are made with layers of cookie ingredients (all dry) and the instructions for baking are on the back of the tag.

Layers from bottom to top
* 3/4 cup flour, 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1/4 tsp salt
* 1/2 cup oats
* 2/4 cup m&ms (I used red & green)
* 1/4 cup brown sugar
* 1/4 cup white sugar
* 1/4 cup currents / chocolate chips

The tag instructions read
Add 1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
60g butter

Roll into balls & bake @ 180C for 10 mins



Next my husband made Basil Infused Olive Oil




This is made with 250ml olive and a handful of fresh Basil

Bring the oil to a low heat and add the basil. Allow it to INFUSE (see that :D) for 10mins. Remove from heat and allow to cool

Transfer to a bottle and give to someone lucky!



Last but not least is the Honey Mustard Vinaigrette



This is made with

1 tsp whole grain mustard
1 tsp Dijon mustard
80ml Vinegar
170ml Olive Oil
1 tbsp honey
Salt and Pepper to taste

Mix in all and whack it into a pretty bottle with a pretty tag

The Tag reads; "For use with salads" on the back

No comments:

Post a Comment