Monday, August 16, 2010

Apple & Raisin Crepes


I made these for breakfast Saturday morning and they went down a storm!


First make your crepes. I like to make the batter the night before.

You'll need;

1 cup flour
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup water
2 eggs
2tbsp melted butter
1/4 tsp salt

I add the dry ingredients first. So into a bowl add your flour and salt. Then add the milk and water. Give a mix with a small whisk.

I advice cracking your eggs into a separate bowl first JUST in case one in gone off. You don't want the whole thing to go to waste!

Assuming your eggs are not releasing a pong... add them to the mix and whisk together. Last of all is your melted butter. Ensure that the butter has cooled before adding.


Personally I use non stick pans for pancakes but I know some people have issues with this so you have a few options. You can spray with cooking oil, rub a thin layer of butter or a thin layer of oil on the pan. Ensure the pan is heated on high and TURN DOWN to medium BEFORE pouring the batter.

I use about 1/4 of a cup for each crepe to get it thin. Spoon it into the pan and spread it out quickly by moving the pan around. Cook until the batter start to bubble in the centre. Time to turn over! I cook until it's lightly golden. If you avoid flipping more than once you will get a better end result.


Now for the topping

You will need;

1 cup of apple puree
2 handfuls (roughly 1/2 cup) raisins
1 tsp of mixed spice
2 tsp of brown sugar

Quick and simple. Whack everything into a bowl, give it a mix and into the microwave it goes. You're looking for the raisins to plump up. I heat in 30 second blasts so that the apple sauce doesn't dry out around the edges. It should need no more than 2 minutes.


Spoon onto your crepes and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment