Sunday, August 15, 2010

Kid Cod


A favourite of my daughters

You need;

A fresh fillet of cod
1tbsp corn
1tsp puree tomato / Tomato sauce
1 slice of brown bread, crumbed
1tsp grated cheese (your choice) I use mild cheddar
A few olives, chopped & without stones
Chopped Parsley

Quantity needs to be adjusted depending on the size of fish you're using.


Take a piece of fresh cod ready filleted. I rather not do it myself because I don't trust myself to remove all the bones. If my husband is home I'll let him do it. He is a chef after all! I like to use a chunky piece but I know Amelia likes cod so maybe if you're unsure try a thin fillet first.

Place the fillet on a flat oven proof tray with a light coating in olive oil. Coat the top of the fish with the tomato puree or tomato sauce which ever you want to use. Add your corn and olives. Using fingers mix the bread crumbs and grated cheese in a bowl and add to fish. Top it off with some chopped parsley for colour.

Place in the oven for about 30mins at 160C or 20mins at 180C. Time vary depending on your oven and how big a piece your using. I slow cook so that the cheese doesn't burn on top. This is using a toddler size portion so roughly the size of your palm.

Check that's it's cooked and cooled before serving by cutting it in half.

If your kid is anything like mine it will be gone in no time!

No comments:

Post a Comment